Strawberry Cheesecake Cups with an easy graham cracker crust are an amazing no-bake dessert! Layers of whipped cream, strawberry jam, filling, and crust.
This post is sponsored by Klarbrunn.
How to Make the Best Cheesecake Cups:
Easy desserts are just my favorite. I love giving desserts to people, and there’s something seriously awesome about being able to give someone a beautiful dessert without baking.
No-bake desserts are definitively the best because there’s so little possibility of error. So, if you’re like me and tend to be shy about baking but love dessert, this recipe is for you!
You’ll notice that this recipe calls for three different kinds of sugar, and I’ll bet you’re asking yourself, do I really need three different sugars? The answer is definitely yes.
First, brown sugar is necessary to get a beautifully flavored crust. Second, granulated sugar is important because it breaks down the cream cheese and creates a perfectly silky smooth cheesecake filling. Third, powdered sugar is added because it’s used to thicken and set this dessert.
In addition to using the right sugar, having your ingredients at the right temperature is extremely important for this dessert to turn out perfectly. You need cold cream so that it can whip into stiff peaks. You also need room temperature cream cheese and sour cream so that they can easily blend into a creamy cheesecake filling.
In order to have the best dessert experience, you have to pair it with the right drink. These strawberry cheesecake cups and Klarbrunn’s Strawberry Guava Sparkling Water are a match made in heaven. They truly taste incredible together!
Be sure to buy Klarbrunn’s sparkling water here.
How to Make a No-Bake Graham Cracker Crust:
This crust is so simple! All you have to do is combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Next, spoon it into the containers and let it set in the fridge. There’s just enough butter in this recipe to hold the crust together once it’s been chilled.
Cheesecake Cups with Jam:
To keep this recipe simple, I’ve opted to use strawberry jam for the fruit layer. You could absolutely make your own strawberry puree if you like though. Just be sure that it’s thickened and not runny.
If you use store bought jam, I recommend using jam that has large chunks of strawberries in it. They add so much texture and incredible flavor!
You can also go a less sweet route and use freshly chopped strawberries instead. I actually think this would be the best way to make it in June when strawberries are at their peak!
How to Serve Cheesecake Cups:
I like to serve these in individual glass jars. I think it’s a really beautiful and fun way to present them.
If you serve them in glass jars, be sure to pipe the fillings in. If you don’t, the glass will smear and look messy. You can also serve this in opaque containers so that you don’t have to be careful when assembling them.
Gluten Free Cheesecake Cups:
This recipe is perfect for all of my gluten free friends! I tested it with both regular graham cracker crumbs and gluten free graham crackers crushed into crumbs. It turned out perfectly both ways and no other adaptations are needed.
If you don’t have gluten free graham crackers, you can also omit the crust to make this a naturally gluten free cheesecake dessert.
What You’ll Need:
You only need a few tools to make this easy recipe.
First, you need small jars to serve them in – I used 220 ml jars.
Second, you need a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer, but a stand mixer makes it even easier.
Third, I recommend using a piping bag with this recipe – it’s much easier than trying to spoon the ingredients into the jars.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 3 Tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- One block full-fat cream cheese (8 ounces, room temperature)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream (room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- Whipped Cream:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries (optional, sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate (optional, roughly chopped)
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs (certified gluten free if necessary), melted butter, and dark brown sugar to make the crust. It should look crumbly.
- Fill each cup with 1/6 of the crust (approximately 2 Tablespoons per cup).
- Using either a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or a large bowl and a hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until it has fully thickened and holds stiff peaks (approximately 4 minutes). Scrape the whipped cream into a small bowl and place in the fridge while you make the rest of the filling.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed until it’s completely smooth (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add in the sour cream, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Add the whipped cream in, and using a rubber spatula, lightly fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Don’t overmix! Stop as soon as it has combined so that you don’t lose the air that’s been incorporated into the whipped cream.
- Spoon 1/6 of the mixture into each cup. If you want crisp layers visible from the side, it will look much neater if you pipe the filling into the jars.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- After the cheesecake cups have set, spoon 2 Tablespoons strawberry jam into each jar.
- Using either a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or a large bowl and a hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until it has fully thickened and holds stiff peaks (approximately 4 minutes). Add in the powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract, mix until just combined.
- Place the whipped cream into a plastic bag, and cut off the tip to make a piping bag. Pipe the whipped cream onto the top of each cheesecake cup.
- Top with strawberry slices and chopped dark chocolate if using.
If you prefer a more savory and creamy dessert, you can double the cheesecake filling and halve the strawberry jam.
If you want to make this gluten free but don’t have certified gluten free graham crackers, you can omit the crust.
If you’re making this in clear jars and want beautiful distinct layers, it’s very important to pipe the cream cheese filling and whipped cream layers in (instead of spooning them in). If you spoon them in, they’ll look messy at the edges. If you don’t have a piping bag or don’t want to pipe the layers in, I recommend using an opaque container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577 Total Fat: 37.4g Saturated Fat: 22.3g Trans Fat: 1.3g Cholesterol: 106.2mg Sodium: 204.3mg Carbohydrates: 59g Net Carbohydrates: 58.5g Fiber: 0.5g Sugar: 48.8g Protein: 4.6g
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe if you try it! It’s my favorite when you leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Looking for an amazing make ahead no bake dessert recipe? Try these strawberry cheesecake cups!