This is the best vegan gluten free cookie dough recipe(and it’s also vegan)! It’s MELT in your mouth delicious. Perfect for a quick dessert or to make with kids!
Gluten Free Cookie Dough
Let’s be honest, cookie dough is the best part about making cookies at home. This is the best gluten free cookie dough recipe and it’s so easy to make.
If you’re anything like my husband, you’d happily forego the aroma and taste of fresh baked cookies to be able to indulge in pure cookie dough.
This edible cookie dough recipe is for people like that. There’s no need to bake your cookies to get a delicious cookie fix.
How to Make Gluten Free Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
To keep this recipe vegan, we’ll be using dairy free chocolate chips (this is my favorite brand by far) and vegan butter (I recommend Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks). This recipe is naturally egg free.
How Long Will This Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough Stay Good?
This vegan chocolate chip cookie dough will stay good in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. I don’t know how you’d manage to avoid the temptation to eat them for that long, though.
Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
They’re all reader favorites and they’re all so delicious.
What You’ll Need
If you love to bake, using this affordable powerhouse stand mixer will make your life so much easier.
If you have a stand or hand mixer, you’ll:
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together.
- Next, you’ll add in the vanilla and salt, and then the flour.
- Add in the almond milk 1 Tablespoon at a time, and fold in the chocolate chips once the dough reaches a shiny and creamy texture.
If you don’t have a stand or hand mixer, no problem!
Just combine the ingredients in the same order in a large bowl. Stir the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar vigorously.
The goal is to incorporate small pockets of air that will give the vegan cookie dough a lighter and fluffier texture.
If you like this recipe, you may love my other vegan cookie recipes, too!
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk, divided
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- For safety, toast the gluten free flour blend at 350 F for 10 min first.*
- Using a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in the gluten free flour blend and mix until combined (it will likely be crumbly at this state).
- Add in the almond milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time. You want the dough to be shiny and creamy. Depending on the consistency of your peanut butter, you may only need 1 Tablespoon of almond milk, but I use a thick creamy peanut butter and need 2 Tablespoons.
- Fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or eat with a spoon.
*Disclaimer: There are known risks associated with eating raw flour. Please educate yourself about them and read about them here. There are variances in ovens, and it is not guaranteed that toasting the flour will kill all bacteria. If you're concerned about this, I recommend replacing the gluten free flour with almond flour or with heat-treated wheat flour if you don't need to follow a gluten free diet.
I used this gluten free flour blend. I haven’t tried other blends and can’t vouch for how well they would turn out. This gluten free flour blend has a delicate flavor profile and is my favorite mixture for gluten free desserts.
I used these vegan chocolate chips. They are, by far, the best vegan chocolate chips. I've tried this recipe with other brands, and these are definitely the vegan chocolate chips that I recommend using.
I used the Earth Balance vegan butter sticks. The sticks have a lower water content than the tub "butter" does, which makes it ideal for desserts.
The peanut butter is replaceable with almond butter (or any nut butter or your choice), vegan butter, or a 1:1 mixture of tahini and butter (2 Tablespoons tahini and 2 Tablespoons butter).
Serving Size:2 Tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 8.2gSaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92.7mgCarbohydrates: 18.5gNet Carbohydrates: 17.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 10.9gProtein: 1.8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments and on Instagram @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Try this Gluten Free Cookie Dough the next time you have a sweet craving!