Learn how to make the best grilled chicken wings with an incredible sticky glaze. The smoky flavor from the grill pairs with the incredible glaze for one delicious bite.
This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere’s.
Grilled Sticky Chicken Wings
If you’ve never tried grilling chicken wings before, you’re in for such a treat. Making chicken wings on the grill is my favorite way to cook them because they’re ready quickly and they taste so phenomenal.
This easy recipe makes the best juicy and crispy wings, glazed in an incredible and easy sauce that literally everyone loves. They will definitely be the star at your next BBQ!
I love using Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning in this recipe because it has an incredible flavor that pairs well with butter and honey, and it has a little less salt than their original seasoning blend. You can find out where to buy the full range of Tony Chachere’s products here.
One thing I love about this recipe is how much flavor it packs for such a short ingredient list. You only need 7 ingredients to make these grilled wings and glaze:
- Chicken Wings
- Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
How To Grill Chicken Wings
I used a charcoal grill for this recipe, but any type of grill will work. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Next, you’ll need to use a clean rag or wad of paper towels coated in cooking oil to grease the grill grates.
Grill the wings for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through, and flip them halfway through the cooking time. Be sure to keep a close eye on the grill. If you notice that the wings are starting to burn, move them to a cooler portion of the grill.
While the wings cook, make the glaze in a small skillet over low heat. The main trick is to melt the butter, but don’t let it simmer (the sauce will separate if the butter bubbles, so you’re aiming for barely melted butter). Coat the wings with the glaze in a large bowl, and then toss until the wings are evenly coated. See the recipe box below for the complete instructions with ingredient amounts, times, temperatures, etc.
How Long To Cook Chicken Wings
Chicken wings need to be cooked for about 20 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden, and the internal temperature reaches 165 F on an instant read meat thermometer.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our entire chicken recipe section! Some reader favorites are:
- 18 chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Sprinkle the chicken wings with 1/4 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Use a clean rag or wad of paper towels coated in cooking oil to grease the grill grate.
- Cook the wings for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Turn them frequently and don’t allow them to char. You’re trying to cook them evenly to crisp the skin. Be sure to keep a close eye on the grill. If you notice that the wings are starting to burn, move them to a cooler portion of the grill.
- While the wings cook, make the glaze. In a small nonstick skillet over low heat, melt the butter, but don’t let it simmer (the sauce will separate if the butter bubbles, so you’re aiming for barely melted butter). Mix in the honey. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Mix.
- As soon as the wings are finished cooking, transfer them to a large heat-safe bowl and pour the glaze over them. Toss the wings with tongs to evenly coat them in the sauce.
Serving Size:1/3 (6 wings)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 38.3gCarbohydrates: 13.1gNet Carbohydrates: 12.7gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 11.7gProtein: 26.9g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
The next time you’re in the mood to grill, you have to try making these grilled sticky chicken wings! They’re sure to become your new go-to grilled chicken wing recipe.