This mason jar rotisserie chicken taco salad with copycat Taco Bell quesadilla sauce is so delicious! You’ll love this easy chicken taco salad in a jar!
You know how food tastes better with your hands? Like how pizza tastes better when you eat with your hands than it does with a knife and fork? That’s how mason jar meals are for me. Food just tastes better out of them for some reason, and this mason jar rotisserie chicken taco salad does not disappoint.
It’s full of so many delicious layers (hello more than one incredible sauce that I can’t get enough of). Plus, since it’s made with rotisserie chicken, it’s basically one of the easiest meals ever.
You could make this recipe even easier by skipping the homemade sauces. You could use store bought salsa and sour cream. But I think you’re here for the epic flavor. If you are, homemade sauces are always the way to go.
The homemade Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce is what really sets this mason jar taco salad apart from other similar recipes. It is SO GOOD. I definitely recommend taking the time to make it for this recipe. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
You can also take this taco salad to the next level by making homemade Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa. It’s so much better than store bought. If you don’t have time to make both sauces, I’d use store-bought salsa and make the Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce.
How to make a mason jar salad:
It’s so easy! Just layer the different ingredients, being sure to keep the sauces close to the bottom. I like to use the lettuce to divide the two sauces. All of the other layers should be above the sauces so that they don’t get soggy.
Also, store the corn chips separately. Add in them in right before you start eating. That will keep them crunchy and make the taco salad so much better.
How to eat a mason jar salad:
You can eat a mason jar taco salad easily with a fork. Just make sure that you pack a fork at least as tall as your mason jar (and preferably a bit taller).
- 8 wide mouth mason jars
- 1 batch Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa (or store bought salsa)
- 2 cups chopped romaine (washed and thoroughly dried)
- ½ batch Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes (washed and quartered)
- 2 cups canned black beans (washed and drained)
- 1 cup canned corn (washed and drained)
- 1 cup mixed shredded cheese
- 2 cups pulled apart rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups corn chips
- ⅛ of the Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa (or 2 Tablespoons store bought salsa), ¼ cup romaine lettuce, ⅛ of the Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce, ⅛ of the cherry or grape tomatoes, ¼ cup black beans, 2 Tablespoons corn, 2 Tablespoons cheese, and ¼ cup rotisserie chicken.
- Put lid on the jar and store in the fridge until eating.
- Store the corn chips in a separate bag or container and add just before eating.
This recipe can easily be halved or quartered if you don't want to meal prep so many salads.
Serving Size:1 jar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 28.6gFiber: 8.1gSugar: 5.9gProtein: 29.7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Love mason jar recipes? Greatist has an article full of portable mason jar meals.