These Peeps Rice Krispie Treats are such a fun and delicious Easter treat! Use multi-colored Peeps Marshmallow Chicks for a pretty and festive dessert.
Peeps Rice Krispie Treats
Easter is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a delightful, colorful, and easy-to-make dessert? These Peeps Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for the occasion. They feature marshmallow chicks in a fun and creative way.
This Rice Krispie treat recipe is not only so cute, but it’s also absolutely delicious! It’s really the ultimate Easter treat for your family gatherings.
These Peeps Rice Krispie Treats are soft and chewy. They have hints of vanilla, butter, and lots of flavor from the sugary coating on the marshmallow chicks. These take your average Rice Krispies to the next level – both with flavor and color!
They’re such a fun and easy recipe to make, so it’s the perfect dessert to make with kids over the holiday weekend. So, let’s hop into the kitchen and bring some Easter bunny magic to life with these beautiful, rainbow-colored dessert bars.
Peeps Marshmallow Chicks: They’re the star of this recipe. I like to use various colors to create the vibrant look of this dessert. These cute marshmallow chicks not only add a playful touch to the Rice Krispie treats but also provide the perfect texture and sweetness. It’s also a great way to use up your leftover Easter candy without having to buy fresh marshmallows.
Butter: Butter helps to create a smooth and rich mixture when melting the Peeps. Adding butter to Rice Krispie Treats makes the texture perfectly soft and buttery.
Vanilla: A touch of vanilla adds a subtle hint of flavor to the treats, elevating the taste and giving them a classic flavor. I recommend using pure vanilla extract. Since this is a no-bake dessert, the taste difference will be noticeable.
Rice Krispies Cereal: This cereal makes up the base of these dessert bars. It’s light and crunchy. Since it isn’t overly flavored or sweet, it really lets the other flavors in the treat shine.
Food Coloring: Food coloring is optional, but it can be used to enhance the colors of the Peeps for a more vibrant look. If you want the colors of your Peeps Rice Krispie Treats to really stand out on your Easter dessert table, a few drops of food coloring will do the trick!
How To Make Peeps Rice Krispie Treats
Start by lightly greasing an 8×8 pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Remove the black eyes from the Peeps to avoid having dark spots in your treats. Next, melt each color of Peeps separately in the microwave with some butter. (See the recipe card below for the full printable instructions.)
Add in the vanilla extract, and stir to combine. Mix in a small amount of matching color food coloring, if desired, for more vibrant color.
Mix in the Rice Krispies cereal until fully combined. Repeat this process with the remaining colors.
Once all your Peeps and Rice Krispie mixtures are finished and cool enough to handle, pinch small handfuls of each color and gently press them together. Place in the prepared pan, creating an even layer as you go. Gently press down and let it rest and cool completely for at least 1 hour.
Once your treats have cooled and set, cut them into squares and serve. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
Can You Melt Peeps?
Yes! Since Peeps are basically colorful sugar-coated marshmallows, you can melt them easily in the microwave. That makes them the perfect base for these homemade rice crispy treats.
If you have any leftovers (which is highly unlikely because these treats are so delicious), store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of our desserts! Some of my favorite recipes for Easter are:
- Bird’s Nest Rice Krispie Treats
- Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Strawberry Brownies
- 4 (3 ounce) packages Peeps (blue, pink, yellow, purple, etc.)
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (divided)
- Food coloring in the colors of Peeps you’re using (optional, for more vibrant color)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Lightly grease an 8x8 pan with cooking spray or butter. Remove the black eyes from the Peeps to avoid having dark spots in your treats.
- Place one color of the Peeps in a medium sized microwave-safe mixing bowl with 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter. Microwave until the Peeps are melted (45-60 seconds).
- Stir the Peeps, then add in a small amount of matching color food coloring with 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies to the bowl, and mix until fully combined.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the colors.
- Once all your Peeps and Rice Krispie mixtures are finished and cool enough to handle, pinch small handfuls of each color and gently press them together (not too much because you don't want the colors to blend), then add to the prepared pan.
- Repeat until all of the mixtures have been added to the pan evenly.
- Gently press down to make an even layer.
- Let rest and cool for at least 1 hour, then cut into 16 (2 inch) squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 4.4gCarbohydrates: 27.3gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 17gProtein: 1.3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
I hope you enjoy these easy, rainbow-colored squares as much as my family does. Happy Easter, and enjoy your Peeps Rice Krispie Treats!