Rotisserie Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers make the perfect easy, healthy, and low carb weeknight meal! With only 10 minutes of hands-on time and 30 minutes in the oven, you’ll have dinner ready in no time!
How to Make Stuffed Peppers:
This stuffed pepper recipe is one of the easiest I’ve seen, and it’s full of delicious flavor.
Make a “T” shaped slit in each pepper. Do this by making a horizontal cut underneath each stem across the top half of each pepper. Then make a vertical slit down the front of the pepper. Remove the seeds.
Next, stuff each pepper with 1/2 cup shredded cooked rotisserie chicken. Place each pepper into a nonstick 9 x 9 metal baking dish. Pour the sauce over the peppers and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with tented aluminum foil and bake.
This is what your “T” shaped slit should look like once you’ve stuffed each pepper with chicken.
As long as you use a non-stick pan, there’s no need to grease your pan before adding the stuffed peppers.
Pour the sauce over the peppers. Open each pepper a bit as you do this so you get plenty of sauce inside each one.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the stuffed peppers. Do your best to only sprinkle the cheese in the middle of the peppers. This helps keep it from melting over the edges where it would disappear into the sauce.
Be sure to tent your aluminum foil before baking! If you don’t, the cheese will stick to the aluminum and create a mess.
How to Eat a Stuffed Pepper:
Plate each pepper and pour over some of the remaining sauce. Serve it with a side salad and eat it with a knife and fork. Enjoy the entire pepper (except for the stem).
Use my Easy Healthy Enchilada Sauce for this recipe to keep this dinner healthy and bursting with delicious flavor. If you don’t have time to make your own sauce, you could use store bought as well. Just be sure to check the ingredients to make sure that they are compliant with your way of eating.
- 4 sweet twister peppers
- 2 cups pulled apart rotisserie chicken
- 1 batch Easy Healthy Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Mexican mix shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Make a small slit across half of the top of the pepper (under the stem), from the middle of that slit make a long slit down the length of the pepper (be careful not to cut the stem off). Remove the seeds. Wash and dry the peppers.
- Stuff each pepper with ½ cup rotisserie chicken.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a 9 x 9 metal non-stick baking dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the peppers, doing your best to get the inside of the peppers coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the peppers.
- Cover with tented aluminum foil (make sure the aluminum foil isn’t touching the cheese).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked through, the chicken is hot, and the cheese is bubbly.
You can find the recipe for the Easy Healthy Enchilada Sauce here.
Serving Size:1 stuffed pepper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271 Total Fat: 11.4g Carbohydrates: 16.4g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8.6g Protein: 26.5g
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram @keytomylime #keytomylime and pin this recipe for later!
Looking for more quick keto dinners? Check out these easy keto dinners from BRIT + CO.