This Rotisserie Chicken Taco Salad Meal Prep is the perfect low carb and healthy meal prep that requires virtually no effort!
Rotisserie chicken taco salad meal prep is one of my favorite rotisserie chicken meal preps. I love to meal prep with rotisserie chicken because it makes meal prepping so quick and easy. I know that when I can make meal prep fast, delicious, and affordable, I’ll actually stick with it. It helps me feel healthy, frees up lots of time, and keeps me on budget.
How Can I Make This Meal Prep Even Faster and More Affordable?
The biggest price difference will come down to the price of your rotisserie chicken. I always use the $5 rotisserie chicken from Costco, and it keeps this meal prep very affordable.
I’ve included three different sauce recipes that I love including when I make this meal prep. We’re sauce people. Sauce is what makes the meal prep worth looking forward to for us. That’s not the case for everyone though.
You can absolutely substitute the sauces I’ve recommended for store bought sauces. Store bought shredded cheese, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, salsa, queso, and even guacamole are all great ways to speed up this meal prep. Depending on which store bought sauces you choose, it could even save you money.
Looking for the Creamy Green Sauce Recipe? You can find it here.
Looking for the Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa recipe? You can find it here.
Looking for the Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce recipe? You can find it here. If you’re only going to make one sauce from scratch for this meal prep, this is the sauce I’d recommend making.
- 2 cups pulled apart rotisserie chicken
- ½ batch Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
- ½ batch Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa
- ½ batch Creamy Green Sauce
- ½ lime (cut into wedges)
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes (washed and thoroughly dried)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (chopped, washed, and thoroughly dried)
- Divide the romaine lettuce into four reusable ziploc bags. Place a paper towel in each bag with the romaine (to absorb any extra moisture leftover from washing the lettuce).
- Divvy up the sauces into reusable lidded condiment containers.
- Assemble each meal prep container with one bag of lettuce, four tomatoes, ¼ of the rotisserie chicken, 1 lime wedge, and one container of each sauce.
- Store in the fridge until it's time to eat.
You can find the recipe the Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce here, the Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa here, and the Creamy Green Sauce here.
You could make this meal prep even simpler by using premade sauces. Store bought salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, and queso dip are all great options.
Serving Size:1 meal
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 3.9gCarbohydrates: 24.6gFiber: 11gSugar: 13.3gProtein: 24.6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. This nutrition information is calculated without the sauces since the sauces are optional and based on your taste preference. If using the recommended sauces, the calories for one serving of each is as follows. Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce: 2 Tablespoons = 122 calories, Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa: 2 Tablespoons = 12 calories, Creamy Green Sauce: 2 Tablespoons = 96 calories.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Do you have leftover rotisserie chicken after making this meal prep? Cooking Light has some great ideas to help you use up your leftover rotisserie chicken.