Easy homemade s’mores bars are loaded with gooey marshmallows, creamy milk chocolate, and a graham cracker crust. Smores bars are the perfect summer dessert to feed a crowd!
Get ready to indulge in the heavenly combination of gooey marshmallows, creamy milk chocolate, and a graham cracker crust with these easy homemade S’mores Bars.
This copycat Starbucks S’mores Bar recipe is perfect for those summer gatherings, a delicious 4th of July dessert, or simply as a make-ahead treat to indulge in anytime. With a total prep and cook time of under an hour, you’ll have a delicious treat in no time.
These bars are layered with a thick and not too sweet homemade graham cracker crust, melted milk chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. Each bite has you thinking about campfires and summer nights, even though they can be made year-round in your kitchen.
Once they’ve cooled the crust holds its shape beautifully. There’s a perfect balance between each layer, and using regular size marshmallows cut in half makes the assembly much quicker then using the mini marshmallows!
These are so simple to put together, and the kids loved making these with me. Since they’re peanut free, you can cut them into smaller squares and take them to parties for kids, too!
What Do You Put In A S’mores Bar?
Graham Crackers: The classic choice for a S’mores Bar crust, graham crackers provide the perfect balance of sweetness and crunch. We’ll use about 1 1/2 sleeves or 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
Sugar: A little granulated sugar helps to sweeten and bind the graham cracker crust together, ensuring a stable base for our delicious toppings.
Butter: Melted butter is essential for holding the graham cracker crust together. If you want a different flavor, you could replace half of the butter with peanut butter. It would be delicious! I’d recommend using regular smooth peanut butter instead of natural peanut butter though.
Milk Chocolate: The star of the show, creamy milk chocolate bars are the ideal choice for that classic S’mores taste. Alternatively, you can use chocolate chips or even Nutella for a different chocolate experience.
Marshmallows: Regular-sized marshmallows create that gooey, irresistible layer on top of the melted chocolate. For extra fun, try using flavored marshmallows or mini marshmallows.
How Do You Make A Homemade S’mores Bar?
Preheat the oven and prepare your baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and greasing the bottom and sides with cooking spray. Use a food processor to create graham cracker crumbs. (See the recipe card below for the full printable instructions.)
Add in the sugar and pulse to mix.
Add in the melted butter and pulse to form the crust mixture
Press the crust mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
Bake until the edges start to turn golden brown. Layer the milk chocolate bars on top of the graham cracker crust, leaving small gaps between each bar.
Melt the chocolate in the warm oven. Gently spread the melted chocolate over the crust.
Slice the marshmallows in half and arrange the halved marshmallows on top of the melted chocolate.
Toast the marsh in the oven under the broiler until they’re evenly browned (make sure to watch them carefully to avoid burning). See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
- To ensure a perfectly formed graham cracker crust, make sure to press the crumbs firmly into the pan using a rubber spatula or your fingers.
- When melting the chocolate, keep a close eye on it and pull it out of the oven as soon as it has melted enough to spread it across the graham cracker crust.
- Rotate the pan during the marshmallow roasting process to achieve even browning and avoid burning.
What Can I Use For The Crust Instead Of Graham Crackers?
Pretzels, Golden Grahams, cookies, Ritz crackers, or saltines can all be used to create a unique crust for your S’mores Bars. Just process them in a food processor like you would with graham crackers, and follow the same steps for making the crust.
What Chocolate Bar Is Best For Smores?
Hershey’s milk chocolate bars are the classic choice for S’mores. Feel free to get creative with your chocolate selections though. Dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even flavored chocolate bars can add a fun twist to the traditional S’mores Bars recipe. Just keep in mind that the sweetness and flavor profile of the chocolate will impact the overall taste of the bars.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out all of our desserts! Some reader favorites are:
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Strawberry Brownies
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
BEST S’mores Bars Recipe
Easy s’mores bars with gooey marshmallows, creamy milk chocolate, and a graham cracker crust. Smores bars are the perfect dessert for a crowd!
- 1 1/2 sleeves graham crackers (or 2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 7 (1.55 ounce) Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
- 35 regular sized marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Neatly line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil, smoothing it out as much as possible along the sides and corners. Use cooking spray to grease the bottom and sides of the foil, then set aside.
- To a food processor, add the graham crackers and process on low for about 30-40 seconds. Add in the sugar and pulse until the graham crackers are almost a fine crumb. Next, pour in the melted butter and pulse again (until all the crumbs are moistened). Carefully remove the blade from the food processor, then use a rubber spatula to mix the crumbs together and scrape down the sides.
- Transfer the crumbs to the prepared baking pan, then use the rubber spatula to spread the crumbs out evenly. Once evenly spread out, firmly press the crumbs down using the spatula or your fingers. Bake the graham cracker layer in the preheated oven until the edges start to turn golden brown (about 8-9 minutes). Once the crust has baked, remove it from the oven and turn the oven off.
- While the crust is baking, slice the marshmallows in half, horizontally, then set aside.
- Once the crust has baked, place the chocolate bars along the top of the cracker crust in a single layer, leaving a small gap between each bar. Place the pan back into the warm oven for 1-2 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and lift the oven rack to the second position from the top (so the top of the pan is about 4” from the broiler). Then set the oven to broil. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread the chocolate around to fill in the spaces and get the melted chocolate to the edge.
- Arrange the halved marshmallows (cut side down) across the top of the melted chocolate. Place the s’more bars back into the oven to roast the marshmallows. Watch them very carefully so that they don't burn. After a minute, start rotating them every 10-15 seconds (until they’re evenly browned).
- Remove the toasted s'mores from the oven and let them cool completely. Once cooled, slice them with a sharp knife into squares and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 5.7gCarbohydrates: 16.6gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 11.7gProtein: 1.1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
These delicious S’mores Bars are sure to become a summer favorite. Enjoy them at your next gathering or simply as a special treat for yourself and your family.