This is the BEST taco salad in a jar recipe! It’s full of flavor and is downright delicious. Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce brings it to the next level!
Layered taco salad in a jar is the perfect fun meal prep. It’s packed with tons of flavorful layers, travels well, and is so much tastier than your typical meal prep recipe.
The key to an amazing mason jar taco salad is the layers.
Keep the different layers separated and arrange the sauce layers towards the bottom. Those are the keys to keeping this recipe fresh and enjoyable.
The Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce is what sets this recipe apart from other layered taco salads. It’s a creamy and just spicy enough layer that completes this meal. Be sure not to skip it! It’s so worth the little bit of extra effort and time.
I also like to use fresh pico de gallo, but if you’re short on time store bought salsa also works extremely well.
Finally, how you season the ground meat has a huge impact on the final flavor of the taco salad. I always use my Ground Turkey Taco Meat recipe. If you use another ground meat recipe, be sure that it’s one that has a lot of flavorful ingredients.
- 8 wide mouth mason jars
- 1 batch Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa (or store bought salsa)
- 2 cups chopped romaine (washed and thoroughly dried)
- ½ batch Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes (washed and quartered)
- 2 cups canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup canned corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup mixed shredded cheese
- ½ batch Ground Turkey Taco Meat
- 2 cups corn chips
- Assemble each jar as follows: ⅛ of the Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa (or 2 Tablespoons store bought salsa), ¼ cup romaine lettuce, 2 Tablespoons of the Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce, ⅛ of the cherry or grape tomatoes, ¼ cup black beans, 2 Tablespoons corn, 2 Tablespoons cheese, and ⅛ of the Ground Turkey Taco Meat.
- Put lid on the jar and store in the fridge until eating.
- Store the corn chips in a separate bag or container and add just before eating.
Serving Size:1 mason jar salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 20.1gCarbohydrates: 30.7gFiber: 8.4gSugar: 6.6gProtein: 14.7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Love mason jar recipe? Gimme Delicious has a great Mason Jar Burrito Bowl recipe.