This white chicken pizza is so easy and so delicious! Homemade white pizza with chicken is easily one of the best simple comfort food dinners. Everyone will love this recipe!
Let me tell you all about this white chicken pizza and why I love it so much.
Friday night is pizza night at our house. We LOVE pizza. Like, we really love it. Shane loves pizza with red sauce, but I’m all about pizza with white sauce.
I have always been team white sauce (literally for as long as I can remember). As time has passed, I’ve learned to also truly love and appreciate red sauce pizza, but white sauce pizza will always have a special place in my heart.
I just have one issue with white sauce pizza – it’s way less healthy!
That’s why I love making this healthier white chicken pizza. Since I use olive oil and garlic as the base instead of a classic white sauce, it ends up being a much healthier option for white pizza.
How to make healthier white pizza:
Spread out your pizza dough to the size of your non-stick baking sheet. I love using the air insulated baking sheets for two reasons. 1) It stops the pizza from burning on the bottom (and I like our pizza crust to be really thin, so this has definitely happened to us). 2) It doesn’t have a rim, so it’s easy to slide the pizza off when it’s finished baking.
Spread olive oil across the pizza and sprinkle with garlic and a little salt. Add shredded rotisserie chicken breast, and top with parmesan cheese. Finally, add some onions and herbs. Bake in an oven that’s been thoroughly preheated to 500 F for 8-12 minutes (depending on how thin your crust is, how hot your oven is, and which baking sheet you use).
Which cheese should I use for white pizza:
Parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta are all amazing options for white pizza. This recipe only calls for parmesan because that’s all it really needs. It creates a crispier and saltier experience.
If you want gooey cheesy pizza, definitely add mozzarella.
If you want creamy indulgent bites, add dollops of ricotta.
This recipe makes enough for two standard pizzas, or one large sheet pan pizza. We like our slices cut small (we normally cut it into 32 slices, but I only cut it into 16 for the photo). You can cut it however you like!
Pro Tip – Salt the Onions First.
While you’re prepping the rest of the ingredients, mix the thinly sliced onion and ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt together. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Doing this creates a reaction that will give the onion a sweeter and less pungent flavor.
I used my thin crust pizza dough recipe for this pizza – it’s the best thin crust pizza recipe, you’ll love it!
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (divided)
- ½ medium white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 batch Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken breast
- ⅔ cup freshly shredded parmesan
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 500F for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for 45 minutes.
- While you’re prepping the rest of the ingredients, mix the thinly sliced onion and ¼ teaspoon salt together and let rest for 15 minutes (this creates a reaction in the oven that will give it a sweeter and less pungent onion flavor).
- Stretch the Thin Crust Pizza Dough out to the size of your non-stick baking sheet and place on sheet.
- Spread the olive oil across dough, leaving a ¾” border around the edges for the crust.
- Sprinkle garlic slices and ¼ teaspoon salt over the pizza.
- Spread the rotisserie chicken evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the pizza.
- Spread the onion slices evenly across the pizza.
- Sprinkle the oregano and pepper across the pizza.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown at the edges, and the crust is golden brown. The time depends on how thin your crust is, how hot your oven is, and which baking sheet you use.
It’s important to use the right cheese for this recipe to turn out correctly. Use freshly shredded parmesan. If you use pre-shredded parmesan it will be coated in starch (to prevent the shreds from sticking together), which also stops the parmesan from fully melting together.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 4.6gCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 9.4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Would you prefer this recipe with a white pizza sauce instead of garlic and olive oil? All Recipes has a white pizza sauce recipe that looks delicious.