Make the easiest strawberry shortcake with Bisquick! This Bisquick strawberry shortcake is a classic summer dessert that layers biscuit shortcakes with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
I love strawberry shortcakes because they’re so quick to pull together (so you can impress even a very last minute guest), and then always taste just as beautiful as they look!
Using Bisquick for the shortcakes makes this already easy dessert practically effortless.
The shortcake biscuits have a nice light crispy exterior, and they’re soft and delicious in the middle.
The layer of perfectly sweetened strawberries have just a hint of vanilla, which tastes incredible on top of that delicious homemade whipped cream.
They even make a great last minute birthday cake if you serve them with a side of ice cream!
These are definitely the perfect dessert when you’re in need of something quick, easy, and satisfying.
Strawberries: Sliced strawberries are the classic berry to use in shortcakes. You could really use any berry you want, but if you use something else you may need to adjust the sugar or the time you allow it to macerate with the sugar. You could also add a little lemon juice to balance out the sweetness if you like!
Sugar: You’ll need sugar for the strawberries, the shortcakes, and whipped cream. Normally I use powdered sugar for whipped cream, but when you’re using such a small amount of sugar in the whipped cream, granulated sugar works out great!
Vanilla: This adds a little hint of vanilla flavor to the strawberries, which then mixes with the whipped cream. Since the vanilla won’t be cooked, the quality of vanilla will be more noticeable than it would be in a cake or cookies. I really recommend using pure vanilla extract here if you can.
Bisquick: This is the base for the shortcakes. Since it’s a pre-made baking mix, you don’t need to add in any leaveners.
Milk: This adds enough moisture to the Bisquick to form it into a dough.
Butter: This adds fat and flavor to the shortcakes, which stops them from tasting too dry.
Heavy Cream: To make whipped cream, you have to use heavy whipping cream. You won’t be able to use half and half or milk. You could use store bought whipped cream instead of homemade whipped cream if you’d like though!
How To Make Easy Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
Start by macerating the strawberries in the granulated sugar (this allows the strawberries to soften perfectly). Once you see the juices starting to release, stir in the vanilla. (See the recipe card below for the full printable recipe.)
Mix together the Bisquick baking mix, melted butter, milk, and sugar to create a soft dough.
Line an ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Drop the dough in Tablespoons in 6 even piles. Press each pile together slightly to close any gaps. Bake in a preheated oven until they’re cooked through and golden brown.
If you want the biscuits to be a uniform shape, you can roll them out and use a biscuit cutter to cut them (I prefer drop biscuits for this recipe though).
While the shortcakes are baking, make the whipped cream in a chilled metal bowl. Use an electric hand mixer on high speed to whip the whipping cream and sugar into soft peaks.
Allow the biscuit shortcakes to cool enough to handle them, then slice them in half. If you cut them too early, they can crumble or fall apart. Layer the shortcakes with whipped cream, strawberries, and the top half of the biscuit. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Original Bisquick Recipes
My favorite Bisquick recipe of all time is Sausage Balls (seriously, if you haven’t tried them, they’re so good!). Some of my favorite sweet Bisquick recipes are:
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other reader favorite desserts! Each recipe features a different berry, and they’re all perfect for summer:
BEST Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
This Bisquick strawberry shortcake is a classic summer dessert that layers biscuit shortcakes with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
- 1 pound strawberries (stems removed and sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter (42 grams, melted)
Whipped Cream Filling:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- To a medium bowl, add the sliced strawberries and 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar. Wait a few minutes until you see the strawberries start to release their juices, then mix the vanilla through. (Let the strawberries rest for about 30 minutes before using them in the shortcakes.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Place a bowl and the beaters of your electric hand mixer in the freezer to chill while you prepare the dough. (Chilled equipment makes better whipped cream!)
- In another medium mixing bowl, add the Bisquick, milk, 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar, and melted butter. Stir together until you have a soft dough.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Do not grease.
- Using a Tablespoon, drop a spoonful of the dough into 6 mounds. Repeat until all the dough is equally spread between the mounds. Use your hands to lightly press the biscuits together to make sure there are no gaps in between the dough drops.
- Bake until they are golden brown (about 12 minutes). Let cool for a few minutes (until they are cool enough to handle).
- While they are cooling, add the whipping cream to the chilled bowl. Use an electric mixer on high and whip until it starts to thicken, then sprinkle in the sugar and beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Cut the warm shortcakes in half, and use a spoon to layer the whipped cream on the bottom halves. Using another spoon, drain some of the syrup from the berries before adding them in a layer on top of the whipped cream. Place the top half of the shortcakes back on and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 24.4gCarbohydrates: 51.5gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 22.7gProtein: 5.6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
The next time you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, try making this Bisquick strawberry shortcake recipe!