You’ll love this creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip! It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s packed full of all your favorite Buffalo chicken wing flavors.
This post is sponsored by BUBBL’R.
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip has to be one of the most popular game day snacks, and for good reason!
It’s all the delicious flavor of spicy Buffalo wings, except it’s so much easier to eat. That makes it the perfect contender for your next tailgate, or really anytime you want to serve easy and delicious party food.
It’s creamy, perfectly spicy, cheesy, and just the best. Everyone will love this dip recipe!
I’ve partnered up with BUBBL’R to bring you this delicious appetizer. I love serving it with an ice cold can of their passion fruit wond’r flavor! You can find out where to buy BUBBL’R here.
Butter: This is what we’re sauteing the garlic in. If you want to lower the amount of butter, you could use half butter and half the cooking oil of your choice.
Garlic and Spices: Fresh garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt add so much depth of flavor to this dish.
Cream Cheese: Philadelphia cream cheese is a great ingredient in this dip because it melts so well. It makes the dip incredibly creamy, but still thick enough to be considered a true dip, rather than just a sauce.
Hot Sauce: I used Frank’s Original RedHot Sauce, and it’s definitely the hot sauce I recommend using. I prefer this recipe with 3/4 cup. If you want it to be super mild, you might only want 1/2 cup, and if you’d like it spicy, you’ll probably want 1 cup.
Sour Cream or Ranch Dressing: You need a creamy ingredient that isn’t as thick as the cream cheese in order to keep the texture truly dippable. Either sour cream or ranch dressing can be used, so use your favorite!
Chicken: Any cooked shredded chicken will work. I prefer rotisserie chicken because it’s flavorful and easy, but you could also cook chicken from scratch, or use canned chicken.
Cheese: A combination of shredded mozzarella and shredded cheddar makes the best flavor and texture combination. It’s important to use freshly shredded cheese because the pre-shredded cheeses are coated in a starch that stops them from melting smoothly.
Green Onion: This adds an element of freshness throughout the dish, which is really nice with such a creamy dip. You could also use fresh parsley if you’d prefer.
Blue Cheese: This is totally optional. If you love the flavor combination of buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dressing, you’ll probably love adding some blue cheese crumbles or a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Start by sauteing the garlic in melted butter in a large nonstick skillet (you can also use a large cast iron skillet if you’d like to bake the dip in the same dish you used on the stovetop). Once it’s fragrant, add in the cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream or ranch dressing, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. (See the recipe card below for the full printable recipe.)
Whisk constantly until the cream cheese has fully melted. Once it’s melted, add the chicken, shredded cheese, and green onions.
Stir until everything is combined, then transfer the dip to a greased baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the dip, then bake uncovered in a preheated oven until it’s heated through. Then broil it until the top is golden brown and bubbling (keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn).
Top with your favorite toppings (blue cheese and fresh herbs are my favorites), and serve. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
How Long Is It Good For?
It all depends on how fresh your ingredients are. If you’re using fresh ingredients, this buffalo chicken dip should last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 5 days.
What To Eat With Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is a great dip to eat with fresh veggies, especially carrot sticks and celery sticks. You can also serve it with pita wedges, baguette slices, tortilla chips, or kettle chips.
If you have any leftovers, try using it as the filling for quesadillas or zucchini boats!
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our sauces and dips recipes section! Some reader favorites are:
Looking for some appetizer inspiration for game day? Check out our entire appetizer recipes section! Some of the most popular ones are:
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Beef Taquitos
- BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Fajita Nachos
BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
You'll love this creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip! It's so easy to make, and it's packed full of all your favorite Buffalo chicken wing flavors.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 medium cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature, cubed, 1 full brick)
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup Frank’s Original RedHot Sauce (depending on spice preference)*
- 1 cup sour cream or ranch dressing (either will work, but you don’t need both)**
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)***
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)***
- 1/3 cup green onion (diced, plus more for topping)
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set it to the side (any dish of approximately that size will work).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter and swirl to melt and coat the pan.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant (about 30 seconds - 1 minute).
- Add the cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream or ranch dressing, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Whisk constantly until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce has mixed together completely.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the rotisserie chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and the green onion.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, and top with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top has melted and you start to see the sides bubbling. Turn the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes (or until the cheese is golden brown). Keep a close eye on it while it is broiling because it can burn quickly. Carefully remove it from the oven.
- Top with green onion and blue cheese crumbles (if desired), and serve with tortilla chips, toasted pita, or carrot and celery sticks.
*I preferred this with 3/4 cup Frank’s Original RedHot Sauce, so I’d recommend starting there. If you like a stronger Buffalo flavor or a good amount of spice, you’ll probably want the full 1 cup though.
**You can use either sour cream or ranch dressing in this recipe, but you only need to use one. Nutrition information was calculated assuming sour cream was used.
***It’s important to use freshly shredded cheese. Pre-grated cheeses are coated in an anti-caking agent that stops them from melting smoothly, which will make your dip clumpy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18.6gCarbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
If you’re looking for the most incredible game day appetizer, try making this delicious and easy Buffalo Chicken Dip!
2 thoughts on “Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe”
If you left the ingredient amounts, my life would be better.
Hi Julia, All of the ingredient amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. Hope that helps! -Alexa