Wondering how to make energy balls? Let me show you how easy it is to make this delicious cookie dough energy balls recipe! They’re the perfect healthy snack.
My name is Alexa, and I’m a snacker. I get hangry and I will reach for whatever is easiest if I don’t keep healthy snacks on hand. Thankfully, these cookie dough energy balls have become my go-to solution for these moments.
These no bake energy balls are delicious and make me feel like I’m eating my Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Dough, but these ones are actually good for me! I keep a container of these in my fridge and always reach for them when I’m needing a snack.
Which Flour Should I Use for these Peanut Butter Energy Balls?
This energy bite recipe allows for the choice between two different flours (or a combination of the two).
Almond flour will taste better, but it’s noticeably more expensive.
Coconut flour won’t taste as good as the almond flour, but is significantly more affordable.
It’s completely up to you which you choose to use. You could always combine the two to balance flavor and price. This is typically what I end up doing.
You’re going to love this recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip energy balls! It’s such a simple snack and it’s perfect for a busy day.
If you love cookie dough and are looking for a dessert version of this recipe, be sure to try my Cookie Dough recipe! It’s always a reader favorite, and I’m sure you’ll love it.
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 scant cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- First, decide if you’ll be using coconut flour, almond flour, or a combination of the two. Almond flour will taste better, but coconut flour is significantly less expensive.
- Cream together the peanut butter, pure vanilla extract, and maple syrup using either an electric handheld mixer or a stand mixer (this will work if mixed with a spoon, too, you will just need a little extra stirring).
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Roll into 1” balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
I used Enjoy Life’s Dark Chocolate Morsels.
Serving Size:1" ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119 Total Fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 3.5g Sugar: 4.4g Protein: 3.6g
Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Looking for more energy ball recipes? Fit Foodie Finds has a great Coconut Chocolate Energy Ball recipe.