Easy Lemon Marinated Chicken makes the perfect healthy dinner! This chicken is also delicious on salads and sandwiches.
This post is sponsored by Klarbrunn.
Lemon Marinated Chicken
This lemon marinated chicken has been a staple for the last couple of months, and I love that I can keep the marinated chicken in the freezer until we’re ready to eat.
Since the chicken is sliced in half before marinating, it even thaws super quickly when you’re ready to cook it! Such a win.
I’ve partnered up with Klarbrunn to bring you this super easy weeknight recipe. I love having it with a cold can of their Citrus Blend Sparkling Water (one of my all-time favorite flavors). You can find out where to buy Klarbrunn here.
How Long Can You Marinate Chicken In Lemon Juice?
Chicken absorbs the flavor of marinades pretty quickly. 1 – 2 hours is normally all you need. This is especially important when you’re marinating chicken in something acidic, like lemon juice.
What Happens If You Marinate Chicken Too Long?
If you marinate chicken for too long, it can develop a mushy texture.
Can You Freeze Chicken Marinated In Lemon Juice?
Yes! The chicken in the pictures was actually frozen in a freezer bag before thawing and baking, and it turned out perfectly.
How Long To Bake Chicken
The key with chicken is to bake it at a high heat for a short amount of time to lock the juices in. I like to bake it for 12 minutes and then broil it until it has a nice golden crust on top.
What To Serve It With
I love serving it with the Zesty Italian Pasta Salad shown in the pictures, but it really pairs well with just about anything. Spaghetti, rice, salad, and roasted vegetables would all be great side dishes to serve this with. I’d also definitely recommend using any leftovers on a sandwich the next day.
If you love lemon flavors, you could amp up the flavor by sprinkling some lemon pepper over it right before baking. This would also be a great grilled chicken recipe if you skip the step of cutting the chicken breasts in half. Also, if you like spice, feel free to add some crushed red pepper flakes to the marinade – that would be delicious!
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our entire chicken recipes section! Some reader favorites are:
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create two even thickness filets. Use a meat mallet to pound each filet to a thin even thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C). Bake the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet for 12 minutes, then turn the oven to broil, and broil for 2 - 3 minutes (or until the internal temperature reads 165 F on a meat thermometer and the top is golden brown).
You can also cook this in a preheated air fryer at 400 F for 7 minutes (or until the internal temperature reads 165 F on a meat thermometer and the top is golden brown).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9.5gCarbohydrates: 1.6gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 18.6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
The next time you’re looking for a healthy, affordable, delicious, and easy chicken dinner, try making this lemon marinated chicken!