This easy cilantro lime chicken recipe is full of delicious flavor! Enjoy this melt in your mouth Mexican-inspired chicken recipe coated with a delicious sauce.
This post is sponsored by BUBBL’R.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Is it just me, or is cilantro lime one of the best flavor combinations ever? It’s definitely one of my favorite flavors combos, and it shows up a lot on this site (my newest obsession is this cilantro garlic sauce with lime juice – SO good).
So, it just seemed like it was time to add a cilantro lime chicken recipe to the mix. I love the earthiness from the cumin, and the bit of heat from the chili, but you could keep it super simple and omit those if you want.
I’ve partnered up with BUBBL’R to bring you this delicious, healthy, naturally low carb recipe. The bright cilantro lime flavors pair perfectly with their lemon lime twist’r. Their drinks are so refreshing and energizing, and I love having one in the afternoon when I prep dinner. You can find out where to buy BUBBL’R here.
How To Make It?
Start by washing and drying the boneless chicken thighs, and setting that to the side for a minute.
Make the cilantro lime chicken marinade by pulsing the ingredients together in a food processor.
Brush the marinade over the chicken, and allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
Saute the chicken on both sides, then finish by baking it in the oven.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts?
Definitely! Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a great option for this recipe. I’d recommend pounding them to an even thickness before marinating them though. That will help the meat be more evenly seasoned and will help the chicken cook faster.
What Goes With It?
I’m super partial to pretty anything with a cilantro lime flavor. So, I actually love having this with Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice and with our super popular Cilantro Lime Sauce.
It’s also great served next to some black beans, refried beans, yellow rice, or Spanish rice.
If you’re craving tacos, I highly recommend heating up some corn tortillas and serving this chicken with some delicious Quick Pickled Onions.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our entire Mexican recipes section! Some reader favorites are:
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 5 medium cloves garlic
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (the juice of about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons diced fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems (optional, for garnish)
- To a food processor, add the 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper, and red chili flakes to make the marinade. Pulse to combine.
- Wash and dry the chicken thighs, and place them in a large ziploc bag or in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the thighs, and turn the thighs to coat them in the marinade. Let the chicken marinade for at least 30 minutes, or up to one day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade. Pour the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil into the pan, and swirl to coat. Saute the chicken for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads at least 165 F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with additional lime wedges and sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro.
You can cook these fully on the stovetop if you’d prefer. Simply saute them over medium heat for 5 - 6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of each chicken thigh reaches a minimum of 165 F on a meat thermometer.
Because of the increased fat content in chicken thighs, I prefer to cook them until they reach an internal temperature closer to 185 - 190 F.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 12.2gCarbohydrates: 1.4gNet Carbohydrates: 1.2gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 18.5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Try making Cilantro Lime Chicken for an easy, delicious, and flavorful weeknight meal!