This rotisserie chicken bruschetta sandwich is so easy and so delicious! Flavored with easy balsamic aioli, tomato, basil, and cheese – you’ll love it!
Looking for an easy way to up your sandwich game? It doesn’t get any easier than this rotisserie chicken bruschetta sandwich. It’s delicious, full of flavor, and feels incredibly fancy (but comes together quickly and easily).
How to make a bruschetta chicken sandwich:
Add the rotisserie chicken to a non-stick skillet. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid, and heat on low for 5 minutes (or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted).
While the cheese is melting, toast the buns, make the aioli, and slice the tomatoes.
The key ingredient to make this sandwich spectacular is my Balsamic Aioli recipe. It uses only 3 ingredients and takes only 2 minutes to make!
Smear the bottom half of each bun with 1 Tablespoon of aioli, then top with 1/4 of the chicken with melted cheese.
Add tomato, basil, and a small sprinkling of parmesan to each sandwich.
How to make this chicken sandwich gluten free:
The only ingredient that contains gluten in this recipe is the bun. All you have to do is swap regular bread for gluten free bread! My favorite brand is Schar followed by Udi’s.
- 2 cups pulled apart rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded pizza mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded parmesan (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1 batch Balsamic Aioli
- 12 slices roma tomato
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- 4 buns or ciabatta rolls
- You can either heat this in a lidded skillet or in the oven.
- If using the oven, preheat the oven to 350 F, place the chicken on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle the mozzarella over the chicken, sprinkle the parmesan over the mozzarella, cover the sheet in aluminum foil (being careful that it’s tented so that the cheese is not touching the aluminum foil), and bake for 10 minutes.
- If preparing on the stove, heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, turn heat to medium-low, add the chicken, sprinkle the mozzarella over the chicken, sprinkle the parmesan over the mozzarella, cover for 5 minutes (or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted).
- Toast the buns, assemble with Balsamic Aioli, ¼ of the rotisserie chicken with melted cheese, 3 slices roma tomato, 3 leaves fresh basil, a sprinkling of grated parmesan, and serve.
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590 Total Fat: 25.5g Carbohydrates: 32.2g Fiber: 2.1g Sugar: 4.7g Protein: 55.5g
Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Love all things caprese and bruschetta? Ree Drummond has a great caprese salad recipe!