This mouthwatering Strawberry Chicken Salad is filled with flavor from the marinated chicken, fresh strawberries, mozzarella pearls, avocado, roasted walnuts, fresh basil, and delicious French dressing.
This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere’s.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Strawberry Chicken Salad is packed with fresh ingredients that add incredible flavor. It’s quick and easy, and you can serve it for lunch or dinner.
Try serving this salad with a glass of fresh homemade lemonade for the ultimate summer salad experience!
I’ve partnered up with Tony Chachere’s to bring you this delicious salad recipe. Their chicken marinade and French dressing bring this salad to the next level with minimal effort. You can find out where to buy the full range of Tony Chachere’s products here.
Chicken: Air chilled chicken breast marinated in Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style Chicken Marinade made the most delicious protein to top this salad with.
Baby Spinach: Fresh baby spinach was my favorite base for this salad – it really is the best combination with fresh strawberries.
Strawberries: I prefer using small strawberries for this recipe. I noticed that when the strawberries, bocconcini, and avocado chunks were all a similar size it made the salad so much better.
Cheese: Halved mini bocconcini balls were my favorite cheese for this salad. They’re creamy and delicious, but they also really let the other flavors in this salad shine.
Avocado: The avocado adds a creaminess that balances out the acidity in the other ingredients.
Basil: The fresh basil leaves really bring this salad to the next level. Every bite you get with them is absolutely delicious. I definitely wouldn’t skimp on this ingredient!
Nuts: Freshly roasted walnuts are one of my favorite go-to salad additions. They add the most incredible flavor and the perfect amount of crunch.
Salad Dressing: Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style French Salad Dressing is so incredibly delicious. I love the way it pairs with the fresh strawberries, fresh mozzarella, and creamy avocado.
How To Make Strawberry Chicken Salad
Start by fileting a chicken breast, then marinating the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes. (See the recipe card below for the full printable instructions.)
While the chicken is marinating, roughly chop the walnuts and toast them in the oven.
Once the chicken has finished marinating, bake it in the oven.
Stack the basil leaves on top of each other, then roll them tightly into a log. Slice the log into thin strips.
Assemble the salad with fresh baby spinach, strawberries, mini bocconcini, and basil.
Top the salad with the roasted walnuts and avocado, then pour the French dressing over the salad and serve. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
Cheese: Feta cheese and goat cheese are both great options that would taste amazing in this salad. You could also add a bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese for a salty umami flavor addition.
Nuts: Feel free to swap the walnuts for pecans or almonds if you prefer.
Lettuce: Something about the combination of baby spinach and fresh strawberries is so incredibly delicious. If you prefer romaine or butter lettuce though, they would both work great! Even a bit of arugula added in would be a delicious addition.
Protein: I love using baked chicken in this dish, but you could also use grilled chicken or even breaded chicken strips. If you want to add some salty flavor, add some roughly chopped bacon.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our entire salad recipe section! Some reader favorite summer salads are:
- 2/3 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 large chicken breast)*
- 1/3 cup Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 pound small strawberries (halved)
- 1 cup mini bocconcini (halved)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 20 medium basil leaves (cut into thin strips)
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach (washed and dried)
- 1/2 cup Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style French Salad Dressing
- Place the chicken breast on a cutting board. Place your non-dominant hand flat on the chicken, and use the other hand and a sharp knife to slice through the thick side of the chicken. I normally end up with two large pieces and one small piece per chicken breast. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl, then pour the Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style Chicken Marinade over the chicken, making sure the marinade is coating all sides of the chicken. Cover the dish, then let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C).
- Roughly chop the walnuts and bake on a rimmed baking sheet in the preheated oven for 6 minutes, or until toasted. Be sure to keep an eye on them, because nuts go from toasted to burnt quickly.
- Turn the oven up to 450 F (232 C).
- Bake the marinated chicken on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet in the preheated oven for 12 - 14 minutes. The time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken, so it’s important to check the internal temperature of the chicken with an instant read meat thermometer (it should read 165 F). Once the chicken reaches 165 F internally, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a clean plate, then loosely tent it with aluminum foil to rest for 5 - 10 minutes. Once the chicken has finished resting, slice it into thin strips.
- While the chicken rests, prepare the rest of the salad.
- Wash and dry the strawberries, then remove the stems and cut the strawberries in half lengthwise.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other. Roll the stack of basil leaves into a tight cylinder, then cut the leaves into thin strips.
- To a large salad bowl, add the baby spinach, halved strawberries, halved mini bocconcini, avocado cubes, basil leaf strips, sliced chicken, and the toasted walnuts. Pour the Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style French Salad Dressing over the salad and serve.
*I recommend using air chilled chicken because it will release less moisture while baking, which leaves you with a juicier cooked chicken breast.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 28.8gCarbohydrates: 16.9gFiber: 5.1gSugar: 8.7gProtein: 21.2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
If you’re looking for a delicious summer salad, try making this Strawberry Chicken Salad!