Easy creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta makes a quick and tasty meal that will have everyone asking for seconds! You’ll have this nice dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This quick and easy pasta recipe had the house smelling SO good! I was very impatiently waiting for it to be finished cooking – thank goodness it’s only a half hour from start to finish.
The sun dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning add such a delicious flavor to the creamy pasta sauce. Top it off with the juicy chicken, and it really is a recipe to impress. If you love the flavors of this dish, it’s really similar to my super popular Marry Me Chicken recipe, so be sure to check that out, too!
30-Minute Creamy Chicken Pasta Ingredients
Even though this recipe packs tons of flavor, the ingredient list isn’t too long. You’ll need pasta, chicken, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, fine sea salt, butter, onion, garlic cloves, fresh baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, crushed red pepper flakes, cream cheese, and freshly grated parmesan.
How To Make Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Start by mixing together the olive oil and spices, then spread that over the filleted chicken. Sear the chicken until it’s cooked through and then set it aside.
Saute the onion, garlic, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes in melted butter. Add in the chicken broth and cream cheese, and let it simmer until the cream cheese has melted. Mix in the parmesan, and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
Toss the sliced chicken and cooked pasta in the creamy sun-dried tomato sauce, and top with additional parmesan and serve. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
What Type Of Chicken Should I Use?
My favorite chicken to use in this recipe is air chilled boneless skinless chicken breasts because they carry the flavor of the sauce the best. Chicken thighs will work, too, if that’s what you’d prefer to use. This would also taste delicious using grilled chicken! I do recommend using air chilled chicken though. It’s juicier and has a better texture than water chilled chicken.
What Type Of Pasta Should I Use?
I love rotini in this dish because all those crevices hold the sauce so beautifully, but it’s also tasty with penne and bowtie noodles. If you prefer long noodles, my top choices would be angel hair, spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine.
Can I Make This A Pasta Bake?
This would make a delish chicken pasta casserole! Follow the instructions as they’re written, except cook the pasta for 1 minute less. Add the creamy chicken pasta to a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, then top it with a cup of freshly shredded mozzarella and parmesan, and then bake it uncovered at 375 F for 20 minutes.
How To Make It Lighter
If you want to make this dish a little lighter, you could use light cream cheese instead of the regular brick cream cheese.
The flavors in this dish are truly perfect, but if you want to switch up the flavors a bit try adding sauteed mushrooms, crispy bacon, fresh basil, or try using kale instead of spinach. It’s also great served with sides of garlic bread and salad.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our entire pasta recipe section! Some reader favorite chicken and pasta recipes are:
Chicken and Pasta:
- 3 cups rotini or penne pasta (300 grams)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Creamy Tuscan Pasta Sauce:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 3 medium cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained and diced, about 5 - 6 sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened and cubed, half a brick)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnish)
Pasta Part 1:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and fine sea salt.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken all the way through so that you have 4 even filets. Coat the chicken in the oil and spice blend.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 165 F on an instant read meat thermometer. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside, turn the heat to medium and add the butter.
Pasta Part 2:
- Add the pasta to the boiled water and cook to al dente, according to the package instructions.
Creamy Tuscan Pasta Sauce:
- Once the butter is melted, add the onions with the chopped spinach and saute until the spinach is wilted and the onions are translucent (about 5 minutes). Add in the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes (if using), and stir. Saute for another 2 minutes (or until the garlic is aromatic).
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a gentle boil. Add in the cream cheese cubes and stir until melted (about 5 minutes). Mix in the parmesan cheese, turn the heat down, and let simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes to thicken.
- While the sauce is thickening, cut the chicken into strips.
- When the sauce has thickened, taste and adjust salt and pepper to your preference (if needed). Add in the pasta and chicken strips and toss to coat.
- Garnish with the extra parmesan cheese and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 19.7gCarbohydrates: 44.7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3.7gProtein: 28.6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. This recipe makes 4 large or 6 small servings. Nutrition was calculated for portions that make 6 servings.
If you want a delicious creamy pasta to feed your family, but don’t want the same old mac and cheese, try this easy Tuscan chicken pasta recipe!