This 8-minute air fried chicken tenderloin recipe is the best quick and easy way to cook perfectly juicy chicken tenderloins every time!
Air Fried Chicken Tenderloin
These air fried chicken tenderloins are coated in a simple and delicious oil and spice blend, boasting loads of flavor from Italian seasoning, the perfect amount of garlic and onion, and a beautiful color from the paprika.
Cooked in just a few minutes in the air fryer, you’ll have juicy tenders that are perfect for dipping, on a salad, or enjoyed hot or cold. The kids loved these so much dipped in ranch that they devoured them as soon as they got their hands on them!
Trust me, once you’ve tasted these naked chicken tenders, you’ll never want to go back to the breaded version. They’re that good!
So, if you’re looking for an easy, fresh, and tasty alternative to cook your chicken tenderloins, give these air fried chicken tenders without breading a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Chicken Tenderloins: I love using chicken tenderloins for this recipe because they cook quickly and are incredibly tender and juicy. You can also use strips of boneless skinless chicken breast if you prefer.
Olive Oil: A little olive oil helps the spices and herbs stick to the chicken and promotes a nice, crispy exterior.
Spices and Herbs: The blend of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and ground black pepper creates a deliciously savory coating for the chicken tenderloins. Feel free to get creative with the spice blend! For a spicy kick, try adding cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
How To Make Air Fried Chicken Tenderloins
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and pepper. (See the recipe card below for the full printable instructions.)
Pat the chicken tenderloins dry with a paper towel.
Add the chicken tenderloins to the mixing bowl and toss them until they are evenly coated with the spice and oil mixture.
After preheating your air fryer, place the coated chicken tenderloins into the basket, being careful not to overlap them. Cook the chicken tenderloins, flipping them halfway through the cooking process. They’re finished cooking when an instant-read meat thermometer inserted at the thickest point of the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165F. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer: To achieve even cooking and a crispy texture, make sure your chicken tenderloins are arranged in a single layer with enough space between them. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Always preheat the air fryer: For the best results, preheat your air fryer before adding the chicken. This ensures that your chicken tenderloins cook evenly and quickly.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer?
Cooking chicken tenderloins in the air fryer is a breeze. It only takes 8-11 minutes. The exact cooking time depends on the thickness of the tenderloins, with thinner ones cooking faster and thicker ones requiring a few extra minutes.
Can You Cook Chicken Breast Tenderloins In The Air Fryer?
Yes! Cooking chicken breast tenderloins in the air fryer is a fantastic option for a quick and easy meal.
How Do I Know When My Air Fryer Chicken Is Done?
The easiest way to determine if your chicken is cooked through is by using an instant-read thermometer. Aim for an internal temperature of 165F to ensure your chicken is both safe to eat and delicious.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenderloins and Vegetables
Don’t forget that you can cook vegetables alongside your air fryer chicken tenderloins for an easy and complete meal! Some great options are green beans, asparagus, or even thinly sliced bell peppers. Just make sure to cook them in a single layer with the chicken tenders, making sure that everything has enough space to cook evenly.
No Breading, No Problem
The beauty of this air fried chicken tenderloin recipe is that it doesn’t require any breading. By simply using a delicious blend of spices and herbs you’ll still get tons of flavor.
What To Serve With Chicken Tenderloins
I love serving easy and healthy side dishes with this quick chicken recipe. Some of my favorites are seasoned rice, French fries, a microwave baked potato, or a vegetable like quick buttered frozen peas. Don’t forget to add a homemade dipping sauce. My favorites are:
- Copycat Cane’s Sauce
- Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
- Spicy Ranch
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Alabama White Sauce
- Sriracha Aioli
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of our chicken recipes! Some reader favorites are:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin (4-6 tenderloins)
- Finely chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- To a large mixing bowl, add the oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and pepper. Mix together.
- Dry the chicken using a paper towel, then add the chicken tenderloins to the mixing bowl. Toss them in the oil and spice blend until evenly coated. Set the tenders aside.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400F for 4 minutes.
- Once the air fryer has preheated, add the tenders to the basket. Make sure they don’t overlap.
- Cook the chicken tenderloins for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3-6 minutes, checking their doneness after 4 minutes. They’re finished cooking when an instant-read meat thermometer inserted at the thickest point of the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165F. Smaller tenders will likely be finished cooking after a total of 8 minutes, while larger tenders will likely be finished cooking after a total of 11 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 3.2gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 47.4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
This air fried chicken tenderloin recipe is not only quick and easy but also incredibly delicious and versatile. It’s perfect for weeknight dinners, meal prepping, or to serve at your next gathering.