Make the ultimate chicken tenders with Bisquick mix! Breaded Bisquick chicken fingers are crispy, easy, oven baked, and so delicious.
Bisquick Chicken Fingers
On some really busy nights, I feel like it’s so hard trying to figure out what I can quickly cook for dinner.
I’m looking for things that aren’t processed and are somewhat healthy, but I also need them to be super easy.
The thing is, on those nights I end up spending more time thinking than cooking.
These Bisquick chicken tenders are the ultimate perfect solution.
They have a deliciously seasoned batter, a light little crunch, and the chicken is so juicy.
I love dipping them in plum sauce and my husband loves having them with ranch and honey mustard.
The best part is that it took less than 25 minutes from start to finish. Why can’t dinner be that easy every night?!?
Baked Chicken Tenders
You could make these in the air fryer or deep fryer, but baking them in an oven is my favorite way.
It’s easier than deep frying, and baking them on a large baking sheet gives each piece plenty of room (not crowding the pieces is so important in making sure that they get crispy).
If you want to air fry them, cook a few at a time in a preheated air fryer at 400 F for about 4 – 5 minutes per side, flipping halfway through.
The total cooking time will depend on the air fryer you’re using and the size of the chicken strips. When they’re finished cooking, they will be golden brown on the outside, and the internal temperature will read 165 F on an instant read thermometer.
Chicken Strips Ingredients
You only need 8 ingredients to make these delicious from scratch chicken tenders! You’ll need Bisquick, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, fine sea salt, eggs, and boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips.
How To Make Chicken Tenders With Bisquick
Start by butterflying the chicken breasts into even fillets, then cut those fillets into strips. (See the recipe card below for the full printable instructions.)
Whisk the eggs together in a medium sized bowl. In a large Ziploc, mix together the Bisquick, Parmean, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
Dip the chicken strips in the egg wash, then place the egg-coated chicken strips in the bag and shake to coat.
Place the chicken strips on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake uncovered in a preheated oven until the strips are golden brown and the internal temperature reads 165 F. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
How Long To Bake Chicken Tenders
Cooking the chicken for a short amount of time at a high temperature of 450 F locks in the juices. At that high of a temperature, it’s easy to overcook it, so be sure to keep an eye on them.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken after 10 minutes, and adjust the cooking time from there slightly.
10 minutes in my oven was perfect, and 12 minutes brought the temperature to 189 F – the cooking time really just depends on how hot your oven runs.
What To Serve It With
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
We love cooking with Bisquick mix here! It’s so much more than a pancake mix, and it really is just so versatile. If you like Bisquick recipes as much as we do, be sure to check these ones out:
Be sure to check out all of our easy chicken recipes while you’re here! We’ve got over 100 tried and tested chicken recipes to choose from. Some of our favorites are:
- Baked Panko Chicken
- Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Southern Chicken and Rice
- Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large chicken breasts)
- Fresh diced parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F (232 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or with lightly greased aluminum foil).
- Butterfly the chicken breasts all the way through to make even fillets. Then cut the fillets into 1” - 2” wide chicken strips
- To a large Ziploc bag, add the Bisquick, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. You may have to do the next part in rounds - don’t crowd the chicken as you coat it. Start by coating the chicken strips in the egg wash, then add them to the bag, close the bag, and shake to coat the chicken. Dip the coated chicken back into the egg and then return it to the bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat with the dry ingredients a second time. Place the coated chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step until all the chicken is coated twice.
- Place the chicken into the preheated oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, flipping after 6 minutes. Check the temperature after 10 minutes. The chicken is ready when it’s golden brown and reads 165 F internally on an instant read meat thermometer.
- Serve with your desired dipping sauce - ranch, BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey mustard, and plum sauce are my favorites!
*Cooking the chicken for a short amount of time at a high temperature locks in the juices, but it’s easy to overcook it. Be sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken after 10 minutes, and adjust the cooking time from there slightly. 10 minutes in my oven was perfect, and 12 minutes brought the temperature to 189 F - the cooking time really just depends on how hot your oven runs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 17.4gCarbohydrates: 32.3gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 48.6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
This recipe really is as simple as put it in a bag and shake it. Breaded and baked Bisquick chicken fingers make the most delicious crispy chicken that the whole family will love!