Making this juicy boneless turkey breast for Thanksgiving is so quick and easy! It’s the best roasted turkey breast because it’s infused with garlic and coated in a quick homemade herb blend.
Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast
This is the best way to cook a boneless turkey breast! This turkey roast is simple and delicious.
It uses just a few spices that you probably already have in the cupboard, and you can have this roast prepped in just a few short minutes! The garlic infuses the meat inside as it cooks, which really brings it to the next level.
It’s coated with oil and herbs, which gives it a beautiful golden color and a delicious flavor.
This easy recipe is a foolproof way to make sure your boneless turkey breast turns out moist, juicy, and scrumptious every single time.
Be sure to top it with some homemade cranberry relish and serve it with an easy turkey gravy without drippings! Mmm mmm mmm, everyone’s going to love this festive turkey roast, it’s the best easy Thanksgiving recipe.
Turkey: We’re using a boneless turkey breast roast for this recipe. Make sure that you’re starting with a thawed roast. If you want to use a frozen turkey roast, you’ll need to use a lower oven temperature (325F), and the cooking time will be longer.
Garlic: Slicing fresh garlic cloves into matchsticks allows you to insert the fresh garlic into little slits in the turkey. It infuses the meat with the flavor from the garlic and it’s so delicious!
Oil: I used olive oil to coat the turkey breast roast, but feel free to use your favorite neutral tasting oil or melted butter instead.
Dried Herbs and Spices: A combination of dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper is all you need to flavor this Christmas turkey to perfection.
How To Cook A Boneless Turkey Breast In The Oven
Place the boneless turkey breast skin side up in a Dutch oven. Use a paring knife to cut small slits in the turkey, and insert the garlic slices into the holes. Pour the olive oil over the turkey, and sprinkle the spices and dried herbs on top. (See the recipe card below for the full written instructions.)
Rub the spices and herbs into the oil, then move the Dutch oven to the preheated oven and bake.
Carefully remove the Dutch oven from the oven (it will be HOT). Place the lid on the Dutch oven to allow the turkey to finish cooking and allow the juices to redistribute in the turkey. While the turkey rests, it will firm up enough to slice easily. After the turkey has rested, cut away the netting. Remove the turkey roast from the pan, carve it, and serve it. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
Can Turkey Be Prepared The Night Before?
Yes! You can prep and season this turkey breast the night before to speed up your prep time on Thanksgiving.
How Do You Keep A Boneless Turkey Breast From Drying Out?
I didn’t find that this turkey breast dried out, but if you’re really worried about it you could baste the turkey breast with some melted butter.
Should A Turkey Roast Be Cooked Covered Or Uncovered?
Turkey roasts should be cooked uncovered. Once it’s finished baking, cover it with the Dutch oven lid or tent it with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. This lets the juices redistribute and helps the turkey firm up (which makes it easier to carve the roast).
What Temperature Should A Boneless Turkey Breast Be Cooked To?
Remove the turkey roast from the oven when it reaches 170F on an instant read meat thermometer. It will continue cooking to reach the recommended internal temperature of 175F as it rests covered.
How Do You Keep Turkey Breast Moist After Cooking?
Don’t slice the turkey roast until you’re almost ready to serve it. If you need to carve it in advance, keep the slices covered with aluminum foil until it’s time to serve them. This helps hold the moisture in.
How To Slice A Boneless Turkey Breast
To carve a boneless turkey breast, start by letting the roast rest for at least 10 minutes. This helps it firm up so that you can slice it easily. Next, remove the netting. Carefully lift the netting up, then cut it off, and gently pull it off. Now you can easily carve the turkey roast into slices of your desired thickness.
Is The Boneless Turkey Real Turkey?
Yes! This boneless turkey breast roast is a real turkey breast that has had the bone removed and then has been rolled into a roast shape.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
If you’re looking for more inspiration for the holiday, be sure to check out all of our Thanksgiving recipes! Some reader favorites are:
- Turkey Gravy without Drippings
- Turkey Tenderloin Recipe
- Cranberry Relish
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn
- Crockpot Green Beans
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Better
- 1 (3 pound) boneless turkey breast roast
- 2 large cloves garlic (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F (176C).
- Open the thawed turkey roast package, drain the juices, and pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Lift the netting off of the turkey a bit and reposition it - this helps make it easier to remove later.
- In the bottom of a small to medium sized Dutch oven, place the turkey roast skin side up. Use a paring knife to create small slits in the roast, then slide the garlic slices into the holes. Do this all over the roast until you’ve used up all the garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the turkey and rub it in. Sprinkle the dried thyme, dried rosemary, fine sea salt, and ground black over the turkey. Rub the seasonings into the oil.
- Bake the boneless turkey breast in the preheated oven for 90 minutes. Carefully remove the turkey from the oven (the pot will be HOT), and cover the pot with a fitted lid (or tent aluminum foil if you don’t have a lid). Let the turkey rest for 10 minutes, then check the internal temperature to make sure it reads at least 170F on an instant read meat thermometer.
- Cut away the netting. Remove the boneless turkey breast roast from the pot and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Carve it and serve it with your favorite side dishes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 18.6gCarbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 0.2gProtein: 40.1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy Thanksgiving turkey, this is the recipe for you! It takes only minutes to prepare and it’s the best turkey breast recipe!