This Buffalo Chicken Pasta combines two of my favorite comfort foods – buffalo chicken wings and cheesy pasta. It’s really a delicious combination, and the sauce is the perfect balance between creamy and spicy.
This post is sponsored by BUBBL’R.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
If you love buffalo chicken as much as I do, you’re going to love this buffalo chicken pasta recipe. It’s got the perfect amount of spice from the hot sauce, but it’s all mellowed out perfectly with the cream cheese.
Speaking of cheese, baking this under the broiler for a couple of minutes at the end just brings it to the next level. That melted and bubbling cheese turns golden brown and is absolute perfection.
If you want to make this recipe even easier, feel free to swap the chicken breasts for shredded rotisserie chicken. Either way, it will be super delicious.
I’ve partnered up with BUBBL’R to bring you this perfect weeknight recipe. I love serving it with an ice cold can of their twisted elix’r flavor – it goes with pretty much everything, but I think it really balances out the spice in this dish perfectly. You can find out where to buy BUBBL’R here.
To make this pasta, start by making the seasoning blend with fine sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
In addition to the seasoning blend, you’ll also need olive oil, chicken breasts, pasta, butter, cream cheese, Frank’s original buffalo sauce, chicken broth, mozzarella, and cheddar.
How To Make Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Start by making the seasoning blend, and using half of it to coat the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken until it’s fully cooked. (See the recipe card below for the full written printable instructions.)
Make the sauce by mixing the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and chicken broth in the skillet. Heat that while stirring until the cream cheese is fully melted, then mix in the remaining seasoning.
Toss the cooked pasta and sliced chicken with the sauce, then top it with freshly grated cheese and broil it in an oven safe skillet until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Drizzle the pasta with ranch salad dressing or blue cheese dressing. Top it with some blue cheese crumbles and diced green onion, and serve! See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
What Type Of Pasta To Use
I love this recipe using pretty much any short pasta noodle. Rotini is my favorite one to use because all those nooks and crevices hold the sauce beautifully, but it’s also delicious with penne and bowtie pasta.
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our entire pasta recipe section! Some reader favorite chicken pastas are:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Rasta Pasta
- Spicy Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken and Pasta:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 pound dry penne or rotini pasta
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened, cubed, 1 brick)
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s original)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese*
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese*
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing (optional, for topping)
- Sliced green onions (optional, for topping)
- Crumbled blue cheese (optional, for topping)
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasoning ingredients. Divide the blend in half, setting aside 1/2 for the chicken and 1/2 for the pasta.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly the chicken all the way through to make 4 even filets.
- To a large bowl, add half of the seasoning blend and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Mix to combine. Add the chicken to the bowl and evenly coat in the seasoning and oil blend.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat (preferably a 12” cast iron skillet, or a Dutch oven - so that you have room to toss the pasta in the sauce in later steps). Add the butter and the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the chicken and saute 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F on an instant read meat thermometer. Move the chicken from the skillet to a clean plate and set to the side. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and chicken broth to the pan. Stir until the cream cheese is totally melted, then add in the remaining seasoning blend, and stir.
- Slice the chicken, and add the sliced chicken and pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Top with the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Turn the oven to broil, then broil for 2 minutes (or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and just starting to turn golden brown).
- Carefully remove the pasta from the oven, and top with blue cheese or ranch dressing, green onions, and optional blue cheese crumbles.
*It's important to use freshly shredded cheese because it melts much better than the pre-shredded varieties (the pre-shredded ones are coated in a starch to prevent sticking).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 35.8gCarbohydrates: 60.8gFiber: 2.7gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 38g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. Nutrition does not include optional toppings.
If you’re looking for an easy cheesy chicken pasta recipe that’s got just the right amount of spice, buffalo chicken pasta is the recipe for you!