This copycat Taco Bell recipe makes the best DIY Crunchwrap Supreme at home! Seriously SO good. Layered with ground taco meat, queso, creamy jalapeno quesadilla sauce, tostadas, sour cream, and salsa.
Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme:
I think we can all agree that Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap Supreme is a seriously phenomenal food experience. I mean, it’s simple, it’s nostalgic, it feels like college (or childhood), and the texture – that texture! That crunch, the cheese, the crumbles. All of the bites filled with so many layers of pure deliciousness is really what the crunchwrap is all about.
Full disclosure – this recipe is not meant to be the most perfect replica copycat Taco Bell recipe that ever existed. It’s more my take on the epic experience. Trust me – the flavors on this will not disappoint. My favorite part? Adding in a layer of my Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce. Can you sense a theme here? I love making Taco Bell food at home.
How to Make a Crunchwrap Supreme:
The steps are surprisingly simple. Start by laying out a burrito sized tortilla. Layer that with Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce, then pile on a little Ground Turkey Taco Meat (you can definitely use beef if you prefer), and don’t forget to add some homemade Stretchy Queso Dip.
Top all of that with a tostada (or tortilla chips – gotta get that crunch!), a smear of sour cream, some salsa, a little bit of tomatoes, some shredded lettuce, a little cilantro, and top it with a small flour tortilla.
After all those epic layers, move onto the tuck and fold. You need to tuck and fold the edges of the large tortilla, working your way around the circle so that the folds overlap each other.
Heat up a skillet, saute it seam side down first (it helps to press it down), then flip and saute on the second side until it’s golden brown.
Crunchwrap Supreme Ingredients:
This beauty is made with layers of pure deliciousness:
- flour tortilla
- copycat Taco Bell quesadilla sauce
- ground meat
- homemade queso
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
What You’ll Need:
Other than the ingredients, you won’t need much. I love using a large heavy bottomed cast iron skillet to get an amazing sear that holds the seams together. I love this one – it’s such a great value and the perfect versatile kitchen tool.
It’s also really helpful to use this tool. It makes such a difference in getting a tightly packed and perfectly seared crunchwrap.
- 8 10” flour tortillas
- 8 6” flour tortillas
- 8 tostadas
- 1 batch Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce
- 1 batch Stretchy Queso Dip
- 1 batch Ground Turkey Taco Meat
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes (quartered)
- ½ head romaine lettuce (shredded, washed, and dried)
- 2 Tablespoons diced fresh cilantro
- Oil to grease pan
- Easy Pico de Gallo (optional - for topping)
- Magic Green Sauce (optional - for topping)
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip (optional - for topping)
- The trick with these is to not overfill them. It can be tempting to add too much of each topping, which will make it hard for them to close. Err on the side of caution with the first one, and feel your way from there.
- Lay out one of the large tortillas. Layer the ingredients as follows: Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce, then layer some Ground Turkey Taco Meat, next spread over some Stretchy Queso Dip, top with a tostada, spread over some sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, and finally the small flour tortilla.
- Tuck and fold the edges of the large tortilla, working your way around the circle so that the folds overlap each other.
- Pre-heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add oil to the pan. Place the crunchwrap seam side down.
- Saute for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides. I find that it helps to lightly push down on the crunchwrap while it’s sauteing the seam side. It helps it get a better sear to hold the seams together.
- Eat as is, or top with Easy Pico de Gallo, super delicious Creamy Green Sauce, or incredibly simple Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip.
Don't overfill these (it's tempting, I know!). Especially with the first one you make, assume you can't fit nearly as much filling as you think will fit. After you get a feel for them, you can fill them a bit more.
Serving Size:1 large crunchwrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 752Total Fat: 43.4gSaturated Fat: 15.3gTrans Fat: 0.7gSodium: 2204.5mgCarbohydrates: 68.8gFiber: 4.7gSugar: 8.4gProtein: 25.2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. Nutrition information doesn't include any optional toppings.
Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and on Instagram! @keytomylime #keytomylime
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!
Love all things Taco Bell? Allrecipes has a recipe for copycat Taco Bell seasoning that looks great!
Try making this seriously delicious crunchwrap supreme recipe at home!