Skip the grill, these Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos are going to be your next go-to meal. When you’re in a pinch these are the perfect tacos. Your family is going to love them!
This post is sponsored by Klarbrunn.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos
If you love everything with a BBQ flavor, then you’ve got to try these out! These tacos were an instant favorite in my home.
Not only is this chicken great for meal prep, these tacos take virtually no time or effort. You can be in and out of the kitchen in about 30 minutes.
I’ve partnered up with Klarbrunn to bring you this delicious meal. I love having these chicken tacos with Klarbrunn’s Pineapple Coconut Sparkling Water because the flavors pair so well. Seriously – that water paired with the coconut coleslaw is basically a match made in heaven. You can find out where to buy Klarbrunn here.
Can You Make This Using Frozen Chicken?
Yes! In fact there’s absolutely no difference in the cooking instructions when you cook from frozen (even though I normally add a couple of extra minutes to the cooking time just to be safe).
Just make sure your frozen meat is in separate pieces (rather than in one big solid block). It’ll just take a few more minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure if you’re cooking from frozen.
How To Serve It
I served this with a delicious Coconut Coleslaw and Quick Pickled Red Onions.
If you want to try something different, it would also be amazing topped with a pineapple salsa. You could even serve it with a ranch corn slaw or our popular Cilantro Lime Slaw. Both are amazing choices!
If you love chicken be sure to check out our entire chicken recipe category!
Some reader favorites are:
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 6 Tablespoons coconut cream*
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish*
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard*
- 12 taco sized tortillas (6" tortillas)
- Avocado (optional)
- 1 batch Quick Pickled Onions (optional)
- Crumbled cojita or feta cheese (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Start by making the Instant Pot BBQ Chicken and a batch of the Quick Pickled Onions.
- To make the coleslaw, combine all ingredients except for the cabbage and green onions in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the shredded cabbage and chopped green onions to the bowl, and mix to coat evenly.
- To make the tacos, heat the tortillas and then assemble the tacos with coconut coleslaw, shredded chicken, diced avocado, crumbled cotija or feta, quick pickled onions, and serve with a lime wedge.
Depending on how full you pack your tacos, you may have some coconut coleslaw left over. It makes a great side dish!
If you’re planning to make this recipe in advance, I’d recommend only using green cabbage. The color in the red cabbage will bleed if it’s left to rest in the fridge too long.
Coconut cream is sold in cans in the Asian section of many grocery stores. If you can’t find coconut cream, you can buy a can of coconut milk and use the solid portion at the top of the can. To test a can of coconut milk to see if it will have coconut cream in it, give it a good shake at the store. The ones with coconut cream will feel relatively solid and won’t feel like it has liquid moving around inside.
The horseradish and Dijon mustard can be replaced with 1/2 teaspoon of prepared wasabi.
Serving Size:1 taco (1/12)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 9.5gCarbohydrates: 38.8gNet Carbohydrates: 36.7gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 20.3gProtein: 27.8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. This was estimated without any of the optional ingredients.
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Be sure to try these Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos tonight, your family is going to love them!