This easy crockpot dip is the perfect appetizer for Game Day or the Super Bowl! Hot Jalapeno Corn Dip is cheesy, delicious, and super simple to make!
Jalapeno Corn Dip
If you love jalapeno poppers, you’ll probably love this dip. This simple recipe is the best game day dip!
It’s super rich, cheesy, and decadent. Since it’s so decadent, the servings are small, which makes it great Super Bowl or party food. I think it’s best served with fritos or a side of tortilla chips!
If you happen to have some delicious fresh summer sweet corn on hand, feel free to use that instead! You can also use canned corn if you like. My favorite corn to use for this is Trader Joe’s Frozen Roasted Corn (not sponsored, it’s just so good).
Is It Spicy?
If you love the flavor of jalapeno, but don’t like the heat, this recipe may be perfect for you.
The fat from the dip interacts with the capsaicin (the molecule that causes jalapenos to have their heat). Capsaicin is fat-soluble, so pairing hot peppers with something fatty, like cheese, helps to dissolve the spicy molecules and allows the flavor, rather than the heat, to shine through.
You can read more about capsaicin here.
Baked Corn Dip
If you don’t have a slow cooker, I’d recommend baking this dip. I haven’t tried this, but I think it would be delicious!
This is how I would prepare it as a baked dip: Start by browning the corn in butter in a large cast iron skillet. Then mix in the remaining ingredients (except for the cream cheese). Add the cream cheese to the top, then bake at 320 F for 30 minutes. Stir the dip together, then bake at 365 F for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top.
Can I Serve It Cold?
This dip is best served hot, preferably immediately after it’s finished cooking.
Is It Gluten Free?
Yes, all the ingredients in this recipe are naturally gluten free.
Can I Use An Instant Pot Instead?
Yes! If you don’t happen to have a crock pot, you can easily swap it with an Instant Pot. Just use the slow cooker setting (this will only work if you purchased the additional slow cooker lid).
I’d use the medium heat setting for the first round of cooking, and the high heat setting for the final 15 minutes.
If you loved this dip, be sure to check out our other delicious Mexican recipes!
Some reader favorites are:
- 6 cups frozen corn kernels (800 g)
- 2 medium jalapenos (stem, ribs, and seeds removed; diced)
- 2 medium cloves garlic (very finely minced)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups freshly shredded pizza mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block, cut into several pieces)
- Fresh diced chives (optional, for topping)
- Add the corn to a large colander. Rinse under hot water until the corn is thawed through. Shake off the excess water and let the corn drain while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the corn, jalapenos, garlic, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, chili flakes, salt, and black pepper to your slow cooker. Mix together. Add the cream cheese to the top.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Stir the cream cheese into the corn dip, and set the slow cooker to high to cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh chives, green onions, or cilantro and serve.
It’s really important to thaw the corn before making the dip, otherwise the cooking time will be drastically different.
Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn would be delicious in this recipe!
This makes a very decadent and cheesy dip. If you want the corn to be more the star of the show versus the cheese, use only 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of parmesan.
If you don’t need this recipe to be vegetarian, chopped bacon pieces make a great topping.
If you love spice, try adding a few dashes of hot sauce to the top when you serve it.
The mozzarella and parmesan can be replaced with Monterey Jack if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 14.7gCarbohydrates: 18.8gNet Carbohydrates: 16.7gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 8.8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Be sure to try this easy Jalapeno Corn Dip for your party!